As many of you are well aware, Halloween is in 15 days. (Wooo!)
To really get into the Halloween spirit this year, this week I’ve decided to create a special mini series of fun DIY jar decorations (because you all know my obsession for jars…) This means that across three days, I will be sharing three DIY tutorials, including free printables, that are perfect as last minute decor! (You can see a sneak peak of them in the photo above.)
Now let’s get into today’s project: The “Evil Pumpkin” jar. I love this DIY because you can use it to store things like lollies and treats, or alternatively you can put a torch inside and watch it come to life at night! This was super, super easy and only took around 10 minutes to make.
Things you will need:
- A jar
- Orange Paper
- Cutting mat and Knife
- Double sided tape
- (Optional) torch / candle
- Use a pencil to mark the height of the jar onto the orange paper. Then, from this mark, rule a line across the page.
- Cut along the line.
- In the middle of the strip of paper, draw a rough outline of an evil face (like mine!) Cut it out using the knife.
- Stick some double sided tape to the back of the paper. Then, stick it onto the jar.
- If you want, stick a torch/candle into the jar and scare your friends at night! P.s. a candle probably works better.
I hope you enjoyed today’s DIY. Don’t forget to come back on the following two days to see how to make my other Halloween jars! See you tomorrow,
Follow me on social media for future updates!