The other day I was drinking some water out of my cup and realised oh, it’s broken. Well, not broken exactly, but chipped at the top. I thought it would be alright to use but then mum said it was dangerous and told me to throw it out. *cries in the corner…* But I couldn’t just let my favourite cup go to waste! There was this emotional connection between it and me – I just had to keep it. I know, I’m weird.
Anyway, that, my friends, was the birth of this DIY pencil / brush holder idea! If you have any old or chipped cups like me, you might like to give this a go. All you need is some spray paint and masking tape. Simple.
Of course, for this project I used GOLD. Because, as you can probably tell, I like gold. It just looks so pretty and adds that extra value to everything. If I could, I’d probably spray paint all my things gold. One day I probably will…
If you want to recycle your old glasses, here’s how to do it:
- Glass cup
- Masking tape
- Spray paint
- (Optional) Face mask for spray painting
- Stick the masking tape onto the glass in areas that you do not want painted.
- (Do this outside or in an open area) Coat the glass with a layer of spray paint. Let this dry for 30 minutes then add another coat if necessary.
- Leave it to dry overnight.
- Peel off the masking tape.
Easy peasy! It’s surprising the many ways you can re-purpose things. Instead of throwing away your old or broken items, maybe next time try to think of a way to make it something special. And be sure to let me know what you think of!
Follow me on social media for future updates!